Monday, February 3, 2014

make your own macrame wall hanging

i am now sharing a flat with my boyfriend for nearly 6 months. to write this is pretty shocking. it just doesn't feel like such a long time already. it's really great ... to have someone around to talk, to share your stories or thoughts/doubts/laughs with. who buys groceries when you have to work. who helps you with little craft projects - or big ones, like painting half of my room dark grey. or - what happens all the time - carrying my flea market finds back home. yep, also watching embarrassing tv shows with me, just happened yesterday. i am grateful for him and i want myself to know that. romantic part (just skip it when you're not quite in that mmmuuuuah-cuddle-muddle-mood) : he's my first, here mentioned, little milestone. actually ... he's quite a big one.


this is my last little craft project - finished just yesterday after desperate knotting and unknotting (mostly unknotting) + my last flea market find (the jug which looks like it's made out of wood, but
actually it's ceramic/clay. you can test that by knocking on it - yep. i do know that. )
and my little golden, shiny, cute, adorable, ... elephant figure. i got him at my last flea market hunt.. two weeks ago. i should probably think about going too often ...? nope, i just don't.








// that was quite a jump between the topics.. i can explain that with saying that my boyfriend did a good job at un-frustrating me .. that came out wrong .. ehm, he just told me that it already looks great and not too small.. of course i wanted a HUGE indian wallhanging, but i guess this one's acceptable. cute. but acceptable. maybe it's a good one because it's cute and small. although i wouldn't mind a huge one.


while (un)knotting i thought the wall hanging could also fit pretty well in to the bathroom - what do you think about that? it's a natural element, doesn't take up on much visual weight and space which is perfect for small rooms..






found inspiration here and here
detailed knotting help over here




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...